This week, the first week of class for the fall, I started using loofahs as a prop! They have been sitting in my closet for a while because I couldn’t figure out what to do with them. But this week I got motivated. I told myself, “just give it to the kids, and you will figure it out.” So that’s what I did and we figured out some really fun things to do with them. Here’s what we did:
I used the song Imagination Land from the movie Inside Out. It’s the perfect song for this prop! I used this with my toddlers all the way up to my 5 year olds. It was a hit all around.
1) “put polka dots” all over your body parts.
2) Toss and catch (Read: baby toss, “if you throw it to high, it’s to hard to catch.”
3) Pretend it’s a flower and dance with it.
4) It’s a pillow! Lay down and sleep on it.
5) Kick it with the side of your foot.
6) Saute jump over it. Leaps too!
7) Swing it. Side to side, and around in a circle.
8) The wanted to pretend to take a shower, because “my mom showers with these!” ha! 🙂
Have you ever tried dancing with loofahs? It was really fun, and inspired my creativity that I have been missing. 🙁 I would love to hear if you try it! xo