Melanie of Aspen Santa Fe Ballet is looking for a fantastic early childhood teacher for the upcoming year. She asked me if I would post the job description for my readers. Surely a few of you will fit the part! Below is everything you need to know! xo – Maria
The school has been in existence for 25 years and the company for 18. The school currently serves 200 students in the Aspen, CO area as well as another 200 students in the Santa Fe, NM area. The position open is for Colorado, though there may be some opportunity for travel to SF. The school currently has 3 studio locations in the Aspen CO area, all within about a 20 minute drive of each other.
You can learn more about the school on the website!
Here is the job description:
The School of Aspen Santa Fe Ballet is looking for a loving, enthusiastic, passionate ballet teacher to implement our early childhood creative dance and ballet program. This early childhood program is the foundation of the School of Aspen Santa Fe Ballet, and the position reflects a candidate’s passion for children, ballet and the arts.
The candidate must have experience teaching creative dance, pre ballet and beginning ballet to children ages 3-8 years of age. This is a year-round position that includes teaching students 3-8 years of age, choreography for performances, assisting the school director and some administrative work. The school of Aspen Santa Fe Ballet currently offers creative dance and ballet classes to children ages 3-8 years of age at three locations in the Roaring Fork Valley in Colorado: Aspen, Basalt and Carbondale.
The candidate will be enthusiastic and passionate about teaching young children. Candidate will also be a self-starter but also comfortable working in a team environment and building collaborative relationships with the rest of the staff and reports to the school director.
Candidate should be comfortable with and enjoy the following:
- Teach all necessary levels of ballet to students ages 3-8
- Teach 14 or more classes a week
- Work with school director to adapt and implement curriculum in accordance with established curriculum
- Working with school director to develop casting of The Nutcracker and annual recital Teaching students choreography for The Nutcracker and annual recital
- Attend all student rehearsals of The Nutcracker and annual recital
- Attend all performances of The Nutcracker and annual recital, working backstage to manage and oversee children during performances
- Assist families with phone or online enrollment
- Maintain nominal office hours outside of teaching hours
- Develop and maintain parent relations and communication
- Attend regular faculty meetings
- Work with school director on student placement and advancement
- • Full-time position based in Aspen, CO.
- • Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- • Health and dental benefits, matching Simple IRA plan, paid vacation
Please apply by emailing resume to email@example.com. Video footage of candidate teaching the appropriate age groups is preferred but not required. Please send DVD’s to The School of Aspen Santa Fe Ballet, Attn: School Director, 245 Sage Way, Aspen, CO, 81611. No phone calls please.