Spring is right around the corner, at least we hope it is! What happens in spring? … Thunder storms! Even though I have been doing the Thunder storm dance through the winter, I think you will love to do it this spring! Here it is!
There are 2 different ways to do it:
As a stretch, sit in a straddle position.
1. Add raindrops with your fingers
2. Thunder with your hands
3. Sharp lightening with arms and legs. They have to balance on their tush to accomplish this.
4. Wind blows our stretch from one side to the other. Blows us upside down, and backwards. (they love to show you how their wind blows them over, they come up with awesome ways!)
5. Then the sun comes out, and we paint a rainbow.
Repeat 2x through. They love it!
2. First the sun is out (fifth position overhead), then night falls (stretch down)
3. Wind starts to blow us around the room. It slows down, and then gets faster.
4. It starts to rain! Fingers pitter patter, or tip toes splatter.
5. Thunder starts rumbling. Stomping and rolling.
6. Lighting is sharp and quick.
7. Eventually the sun comes back out in the morning!
Recommended Music is a drum!
Have you ever done a Thunder Storm dance? It’s fun to do in any season! I would love to hear if you try it!